January 7, 2011
Towards the summit of Kilimanjaro
It is from the city of Arusha which is to the west of the Indian Ocean that Thomas Kieller, Canadian climber and reporter, started his 125 km walk in direction of the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. On his way, he met Simon Mtuy, Tanzanian ultra distance runner. Together they climbed the highest African mountain, from October 6 to the 14, 2010 by the Lemosho Route. You may join them in their adventures which passed through the Tanzanian countryside and forest in order to reach the peak of the old continent.
At the footsteps of Kilimanjaro, the typical tropical landscapes of Africa offer amazing arid scenery. As far as the summit of the mountain, it marks the success of the climber. In this context, it is possible to see that one person can go beyond his personal limits if he puts his heart into it.
- Prologue – Adventures in Tanzania (January 7, 2011)
- Chapter 1 – Preparation for the ascent of Kilimanjaro (January 9, 2011)
- Chapter 2 – On the Tanzanian road (January 13, 2011)
- Chapter 3 – A step toward Kilimanjaro (January 24, 2011)
- Chapter 4 – Always higher (February 27, 011)
- Chapter 5 – One more breathe in high altitude (April 15, 2011)
- Chapter 6 – At the summit of Africa (July 20, 2011)
- Epilogue – Last words about Tanzania (September 11, 2011)
- Extra – Visit of the Maasai people (September 12, 2011)
- François Legrand (January 11, 2011)
- Carlos Sastre (January 18, 2011)
- Henri Richard (February 13, 2011)
- Alona Bondarenko (April 11, 2011)
- Steve Young (July 18, 2011)
- Simon Mtuy (September 10, 2011)
Note: The articles of this story were published from January 7 to September 12, 2011 in United Athletes Magazine.
© United Athletes Magazine