March 6, 2009
Information about Nathalie Dechy
- Tennis player
- Born February, 1979
- Abymes, Guadeloupe
- 1.78 m (5 feet 10 inches)
- 63 kg (138 pounds)
- Parents: Françoise and Michel Dechy
- Siblings: one brother and one sister
Victory in singles
- Winner in Gold Coast, Australia by beating Marie-Gayanay Mikaelian: 2003.
Victories in doubles
- Winner with her Italian partner Mara Santagelo in Strasbourg, France: 2009.
- Winner with her Italian partner Mara Santagelo in Monterrey, Mexico: 2009.
- Winner with her Italian partner Mara Santagelo in Auckland, New Zealand: 2009.
- Winner with her Russian partner Dinara Safina at the US Open in New York, United States: 2007.
- Winner with her Italian partner Mara Santagelo in Rome, Italy: 2007.
- Winner with her Russian partner Vera Zvonareva at the US Open in New York, United States: 2006.
- Winner with her Chinese partner Meilen Tu in Paris, France: 2002.
- She participated in 2 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia (2000) and Athens, Greece (2004) by representing France.
- She participated 10 times in Fed Cup (2000 to 2009) by representing France.
- Two-handed backhand
- During the interview (October 29, 2008), she was ranked 77th in the world in singles according to the Women's Tennis Association (WTA).
- Her best WTA world ranking in singles is the 8th place on May 21, 2007.
© United Athletes Magazine