Information about Araceli Segarra
- Born March, 1970
- Lleida, Spain
- 1.65 m (5 feet 4 inches)
- 53 kg (117 pounds)
- First Spanish woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1996.
- Everest, Nepal (8,846 m); Shishma Pangma, Tibet (8,008 m); Ama Dablam, Nepal (6,812 m); Huayna Potosí, Bolivia (6,088); Mount Kenya (5,180 m); and Half Dome, United States (2,693 m).
Other expeditions without reaching the summit
- Two times K2, China and Pakistan; Everest, Tibet; Kanchenjunga, Nepal; Gasherbrum I, Pakistan; Broad Peak, Pakistan; Ganesh, India; and Fitz Roy, Argentina.
- When she was 22 years old, she climbed to the summit of Shishma Pangma from the south face in an alpine style.
- For her first attempt on Everest, she climbed the Hornbein Couloir with no extra oxygen, no fixe lines and without the help of sherpas. She stopped her ascension at 7,800 meters.
- Ice climbed to the top of La Pomme d’Or, Canada (400 m).
© United Athletes Magazine