January 9, 2007
Information about Jelena Jankovic
- Tennis player
- Born February 28, 1985
- Belgrade, Yugoslavia (now Serbia)
- 1.77 m (5 feet 10 inches)
- 59 kg (130 pounds)
- Parents: Snežana and Veselin Jankovic
- Siblings: two brothers
Victories in singles
- Winner in Auckland, New Zealand by beating Vera Zvonareva: 2007.
- Winner in Budapest, Hungary by beating Martina Suchá: 2004.
- Winner in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (ITF) by beating Henrieta Nagyová: 2003.
Victories in doubles
- Winner with her Chinese partner Na Li in Birmingham, United Kingdom: 2006.
- She participated in one Olympic Games in Athens, Greece (2004) by representing Serbia and Montenegro.
- Best tennis player of Serbia: 2004.
- Two-handed backhand
- During the interview (November 1, 2006), she was ranked 12th in the world in singles according to the Women's Tennis Association (WTA).
- Her best WTA world ranking in singles is the 1st place on August 11, 2008.
© United Athletes Magazine